How much is it going to cost me to see the doctor?
If you call our office and ask this question, we will answer with “It depends” Why? Because our doctors have not had the chance to examine you and review your health history/complaints to determine what needs to be done. Have you ever called your family doctor, told them you fell and hurt your arm and expect them to give you an exact amount of what it will cost to see the doctor? Probably not. And if you did, more than likely it would be hard for the receptionist to give you that answer. The receptionist does not know if the doctor needs to take x-rays. The receptionist would probably not know if the doctor will need to put your arm in a cast if your arm is found to be broken. Most of us go to other doctors, get treated and never ask questions. Why? Because insurance typically covers other services and you know your copay, deductible etc. It is not so black and white with chiropractic benefits.
Meek Chiropractic offers our patients.
- Preventative Health Assessment- The Preventative Health Assessment is a great way to see the doctor to ask any questions you may have for them at a low cost. It also allows the doctor to determine if your problem can be treated with chiropractic. How does the Preventative Health Assessment work? You will schedule an appointment and complete all new patient paperwork. Our staff will call to verify your chiropractic benefits. You will receive a foot scan and a myovision scan for the doctor to review along with your health history from the new patient paper work. The doctor will determine, by these, if you would be a good candidate for chiropractic care. At that point, you still have the choice to choose chiropractic and/or our office. If you choose NOT to become a patient, you will only be responsible for the $25-$40. (price depends on the time spent with the doctor and the extent of your health history.) That’s it; If you would like to become a patient in our office at that time, our staff will be able to tell you how much it will cost to receive additional treatment accordingly. If you do wish to receive further treatment, you may be asked to schedule a second appointment if the doctor does not have time on his schedule that day for your regular visit. Great news is on the second visit, most first visit information has been obtained and your visit will be shorter than a typical new patient appointment.
- Insurance-If you choose to become a patient and have insurance, most insurance plans are accepted at our office. We accept auto accident, workers compensation, personal injury and most health insurance plans, including Medicare. Since there are so many plans and coverage varies widely our staff will verify and explain your benefits before you receive any exam, treatment and/or xrays.
- No Insurance-For patients who have little or no chiropractic insurance coverage, Meek Chiropractic offers ChiroHealth USA which gives them a 25% discount on services not covered, CareCredit which offers no-interest payment plans for up to 18 months, and Meek Chiropractic in office payment plans for up to 3 months can be arranged. If you have no insurance or do not have chiropractic benefits there is still a way for you to receive the care you need. Many patients pay directly for care, as they discover chiropractic to be extremely cost-effective and affordable.
- Free Office Tours- Meek Chiropractic understands that choosing and trusting your doctor is very important. Our office is always open to anyone who would like to take a tour, meet our staff and doctors. We understand chiropractic is new to a lot of people and with new, comes fear. By allowing anyone to get a tour of our office, we hope it makes them comfortable with our office, staff, doctors and chiropractic.
- Pre-Acceptance Interview-This is a 5-10 min appt to discuss a few questions you may have with a doctor. Our doctors will also call you if you would rather speak to them by phone. There is no charge for the pre-acceptance interview.
So as you can see, IT DEPENDS, on how much it will cost you to receive chiropractic care in our office. However, you can guarantee, before you receive any exam, xrays or treatment, it will be very clear what you will be responsible to pay at the end of your visit.
This blog is created with our patients in mind. If you are considering chiropractic, our office, or you are a chiropractic patient with questions, please feel free to post your questions here. Your question may be featured on a future Q&A.